It’s just wrong. Disgusting, frankly. While I feel sympathy for Bruce’s psychological struggles, it’s selfish to do this to your children. First to take their father from them, and then to coerce them into dealing with such a devastating development in front of the whole world.
- post-op “transgenders” very often regret their decision, and in many cases attempt suicide. In the linked article the Guardian states the scientific author of the study says "The bottom line is that although it's clear that some people do well with gender reassignment surgery, the available research does little to reassure about how many patients do badly and, if so, how badly." So the research is unclear of the conclusion. With many statistical analyses the results are inconclusive, but you then are not permitted to declare that your initial thoughts are then proven. That's ridiculous. A clinician at the GIC at Charing Cross stated "You either have an operation or suffer a miserable life."
- Then Matt continues "It’s just wrong. Disgusting, frankly. While I feel sympathy for Bruce’s psychological struggles, it’s selfish to do this to your children. First to take their father from them, and then to coerce them into dealing with such a devastating development in front of the whole world." I'll turn this around. As a father of a transgender child I have seen how the medication has drastically improved their life; how it has changed their mental well-being; how they can now stand up and be proud of themselves.
How can this EVER be disgusting?
- He continues after a bit of 'humour' with "As conservatives and Christians have run away terrified by the prospect of having meaningless words like transphobic tossed at them". Dear Matt that's because transphobia is real. When you see the careers damaged by employers, the harm done to people by misguided colleagues and the innocent self-effacing tweets such as this one..
We’re talking about a sex change like it’s an Apple product.
- In his article he declares that "yourself is yourself" but that is exactly what all transgender individuals are crying out to say. The gender they were assigned at birth is NOT the gender they really are. They desperately want to be the person they truly are - your article doesn't help in one iota.
- He concludes with "Bruce Jenner is not a woman in any sense or to any extent."